ADSM-L

Re: move data

2007-01-10 07:39:42
Subject: Re: move data
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 16:10:31 -0800
> Geoff - What's the message number and text?

Sorry for responding so late on this. Below are the message specifics I
got yesterday when trying the move data. What I did notice was that I
lost a disk, which crashed TSM again, and it looks to me like the data
may be related to that disk somehow. What I'm not clear on is why if the
disk was removed from the system that TSM would care about files that
were already on tape. The tape had little data on it so reclamation
seemed to have taken care of the move data for me last night. My
original move data was run with the tape still in the library in case
that makes a difference.

Maybe someone has an explanation and perhaps a suggestion as to how to
remove disks that fail with data still on them that could not be copied
to tape so this won't happen in the future.

1/8/2007 9:18:45 AM ANR1171W Unable to move files associated with node
CPPSDVD1, filespace /psoft fsId 4 on volume T00706 due to restore in
progress.
1/8/2007 10:32:03 AM ANR1171W Unable to move files associated with node
CPPSDVD1, filespace /psoft fsId 4 on volume T00706 due to restore in
progress.
1/8/2007 10:32:03 AM ANR1153W Move data process terminated for volume
T00706 - lock conflict.
1/8/2007 12:39:51 PM ANR1171W Unable to move files associated with node
CPPSDVD1, filespace /psoft fsId 4 on volume T00706 due to restore in
progress.
1/8/2007 12:39:51 PM ANR1153W Move data process terminated for volume
T00706 - lock conflict.

Thank you,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator