ADSM-L

Re: Recommendations for hardware replacement/upgrade

2007-01-09 10:16:31
Subject: Re: Recommendations for hardware replacement/upgrade
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:59:20 -0500
Windows is not in the picture. These are going to be RH Linux systems.

We will probably perform EXPORT TO SERVER to move the clients, one by one,
since we are probably going to move to new media types (3592 vs 3590) , as
well.

Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
01/08/2007 04:02 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Recommendations for hardware replacement/upgrade

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU
>We are looking to phase-out our 2-AIX TSM servers and replace them with
>Linux/Dell boxes (state contract - don't have a choice on the
hardware).

You do realize, of course, that you won't be able to move the TSM
database from AIX to Windows.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant