ADSM-L

Re: List of archives

2007-01-04 11:31:25
Subject: Re: List of archives
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:30:48 +0100
Hi,

Something like this should provide a list of all archives:

select node_name,description from archives group by
node_name,description

But like you said it will probably take a very long
time to complete. Or bring down your server. (I've
seen that happen with heavy sql queries in TSM).
It seems that the client has a far more efficient
way of querying the server than the sql interface has.

You might consider to leave out the 'group by' clause
and redirect the output to a text file. Then import
this file into a database like Oracle or DB2 and do
your query there.
The text file can get pretty big though (depending
on how many files have been archived).

Regards,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen