ADSM-L

Re: What are you using to ship tapes off to your D/R hotsite for tests?

2006-12-28 12:42:33
Subject: Re: What are you using to ship tapes off to your D/R hotsite for tests?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:41:48 -0500
>> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:55:31 -0500, "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT
>> COM> said:

> I'm looking for an economical shipping container (or containers) for
> LTO tapes.

When we were moving tapes to Iron Mountain, we had a bunch of "Rhino
Carriers".  Just formed plastic, specific to the tape architecture; 20
tapes per case, lockable, but that's more of a "tamper evident" than a
true protection thing; the case itself would fall neatly to tinsnips.
I don't know that it'd pass muster for volumes to be entrusted to a
public carrier.

If you're moving from duffels, I presume your hotsite would uncrate
and shelve them and you'd call for tape return by volser instead of
shipping crate?

- Allen S. Rout