ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB2 backup problems

2006-12-28 10:04:40
Subject: Re: TSM DB2 backup problems
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:04:04 -0500
On Dec 28, 2006, at 3:52 AM, Farren Minns wrote:

TSM Server 5.2.7.2 on Solaris 2.9 - TSM Client API 5.3.4.0 on
Windows 2003

Hi all, and a merry xmas/new year etc :-)

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of error code
meanings for our DB2 backups. The errors we are getting look as
follows :-

The task ADMINISTRATOR.Backup_RMDB_Full with status Not successful
ran on
the DB2 Administrative Server on <server name here> and completed with
return code -1371. The task started on <server name here> at
2006-12-27
23:00:19.0 and completed at 2006-12-27 23:00:30.0. The task lasted 11
seconds.

Hi, Farren -

In DB2 backup cases where the backup has not gotten as far as using
TSM, and the message is from DB2 itself, talking of a DB2-specific
issue, I believe that the negative return code value is the SQLCODE
value from the DB2 Administrative API, and the number itself has a
corresponding DB2 message.  So, in this case, -1371 would correspond
to message SQL1371N, which can be looked in in the DB2 references
(and talks of an attempt to quiesce an instance or database which is
already quiesced).

Aren't cryptic messages fun?  What else would we do with our valuable
time?

  Richard Sims