ADSM-L

Re: RMAN with TDP for oracle error

2006-12-26 09:32:34
Subject: Re: RMAN with TDP for oracle error
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:32:17 -0500
On Dec 26, 2006, at 3:41 AM, Ahmed Al-Saidi wrote:

I face a problem this morning with oracle backup using TDP for oracle

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ORA_DISK_1 channel at
12/26/2006 09:30:26
ORA-19502: write error on file "df_610190894_54_4", blockno 39297
(blocksize=8192)
ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
OSD-04008: WriteFile() failure, unable to write to file
O/S-Error: (OS 112) There is not enough space on the disk.

Ahmed -

I'm not an Oracle guru, but it seems to me that you're not actually
using the TDP - you somehow have your Oracle backup configured to
write its output to local disk rather than the SBT_TAPE which would
cause the TSM API to be used as a pseudo tape within the TDP.

If you have been using the same procedure for some time, then look
into what has changed there; otherwise, assure that the right
executable is being invoked to perform the backup through the TDP.

   Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs/