ADSM-L

Does OFM conflict with subfile processing?

2006-12-06 07:44:27
Subject: Does OFM conflict with subfile processing?
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:43:34 -0500
TSM server 5.2.7.1
TSM client 5.3.4.0 running on Windows 2003
using client journaling, subfile & lvsa

I implemented subfile backups on our large fileservers a few weeks ago
with very favorable results (reduced one machine from 800GB per night to
< 200GB).

I had also implemented ofm using lvsa, but excluded all the drives
initially.
I've been including them one at a time, currently up to 5 of the 6
drives on our largest machine (setting the cache dir local to each
drive, limited to 2%).

This morning I've noticed that I'm back to having that machine sending
800GB of data (and still running), and the log file contains no
reference to "subfile".  Is there any conflict between using subfile and
lvsa at the same time that I did not notice in the documentation?  the
weird thing is that the subfilecache directory shows both base and meta
files being updated?

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
423-535-6574 (desk)
423-785-7347 (cell)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm