ADSM-L

Question regarding Storage systems used by the TSM group.

2006-12-04 19:44:04
Subject: Question regarding Storage systems used by the TSM group.
From: Tammy Schellenberg <TSchellenberg AT PROSPERACREDITUNION DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:31:16 -0800
We are currently looking at a couple of different solutions for our TSM
backup system as far as storage and we were wondering if anyone is using
either:

Netapp VTL

or

Datadomain disk to disk solution (DD560)

We are trying to get away from tapes as much as possible and planning on
using tapes only for our offsite storage.

If anyone is using either solution as listed above, or another VTL
solution can you let me know how you are finding it?  ie:  was it easy
to implement and maintain, have you done any disaster recovery testing
since implementing one of the above solutions.

Thanx, I feel the input of this group is far superior to any demo that
we will get.

Tammy Schellenberg, MCP
Systems Administrator, Information Technology

Prospera Credit Union | Insurance
direct: 604 864 6578
toll-free: 1 888 440 4480 x 6578
fax: 604 850 3473
mobile: 604 308 2257
web: prospera.ca <http://prospera.ca/>
email: tschellenberg AT prospera DOT ca

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended

If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering
the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in
error, please immediately notify the sender.

Please note that this financial institution neither accepts nor discloses
confidential member account information via email. This includes password
related inquiries, financial transaction instructions and address changes.