ADSM-L

Recovery of an Windows Client

2006-11-16 09:51:55
Subject: Recovery of an Windows Client
From: RAHammer AT GMX DOT DE
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:48:48 +0100
Hi@all,

yesterday the hard disk of one of my TSM Clients (Windows XP) broke totally
down. Now I want to recover that disk from my TSM backup.

I do daily backups for the following domains:

SYSTEM OBJECTS
C:

The way I want to recover is the following:

Installing Windows XP incl. SP2
Bringing back the machine into the network
Installing TSM BA-Client
Copying the dsm.opt file to TSM
Restore the domain C:
Restore the SYSTEM OBJECTS

The difficulty here by is that the client was upgraded from Windows 2000 to
Windows XP on top to the Windows 2000. So that Windows XP resides in
C:\WINNT. Installing Windows XP native Windows resides in c:\WINDOWS.

I don't have any Windows 2000 installation material anymore.

Have any one an idea what I can do?

Thanks in advance
Ronald