ADSM-L

Re: Can't reset Version Data Exists parm on

2006-11-15 09:40:31
Subject: Re: Can't reset Version Data Exists parm on
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:38:52 +0000
I'm not sure how you managed it because you should not be able to directly
modify the Active Policy Set. You have to edit the STANDARD one and then
Validate (if required), and Activate it.

Farren
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   Orin Rehorst              |                                           |
|   <rehorst AT POHA DOT COM>        |

|   Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor |                                         To|
|   Manager"                  |                     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

|   <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>    |
cc|
|                             |                                           |
|   15/11/2006 14:36          |                                    Subject|
|                             |                     [ADSM-L] Can't reset  |
|         Please respond to   |                     Version Data          |
|         "ADSM: Dist Stor    |                     Exists  parm on       |
|             Manager"        |                                           |
|      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> |

|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

I changed the ACTIVE policy set Version Data Exists parm from 2 to 4
using GUI.

I went to change it back and got:

                ANR1585E UPDATE COPYGROUP: Policy set ACTIVE cannot be
modified.

Error message says I can't change the ACTIVE set, but I changed it in
the first place.

Please advise.

Regards,
Orin

Orin Rehorst

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.