ADSM-L

Restore Times

2006-11-13 13:06:42
Subject: Restore Times
From: Lawrence McMahon <lmcmahon AT LMCMAHON.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:54:32 -0500
Hi all;
I have 2 TSM machines - both - TSM  5.3 Level 4.0.
I have about 55 Tb on each.
We are getting a netapp machine which will have about 70 Tb on it.
My boss is concerned that if I just add the netapp data to one of the
machines, enstead of getting a third machine that it will cause the restore
times to increase. Is that really the case, or won't it matter?

I want to add all of the 70 Tb to just one machine, because I also want to
get some new tape drives and then convert the current data on it to the new
tape drives.

Lawrence McMahon
Senior Programmer Analyst
341 Computing Center, North Campus