ADSM-L

Re: Way to redirect a TSM Data Protection for Exchange restore to an alternate location?

2006-11-13 11:30:44
Subject: Re: Way to redirect a TSM Data Protection for Exchange restore to an alternate location?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:29:41 -0500
Orin,

When you say the IBM experts cannot figure this out,
I assume you meant you have a PMR open with TSM support.
Is that correct? If not, please open a PMR so that the
TSM performance team can figure out where the bottle-neck is.
If so, I would continue to drive the PMR with IBM support.

Restoring to the Exchange RSG is no different performance-wise
than restoring to the production storage group... so
I assume there is just some type of issue with
network performance with large amounts of data being
transferred TO your production Exchange Server... or some type
of issue at your TSM Server loading tapes or related issue.

I would continue pursuing this as a PMR for a
general TSM Server restore performance issue.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/13/2006
09:02:18 AM: