ADSM-L

Re: Failed 12

2006-11-09 14:23:46
Subject: Re: Failed 12
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:22:41 -0800
> From what I understand, the TSM Ping is a rudimentary keep-alive
>function: for something that simple to have a problem, I would
>suspect networking problems of some kind, where neither the TSM
>client nor server would have knowledge of what the problem was for
>them to log an explanation.

The client level on this guy is 5.1.5.4, which is obviously something we
need to address. The other interesting item is that this is a cluster.
Since we have other clusters I decided to do some comparisons and I see
an odd item on this particular one. For whatever reason this guy shows
the tcpip address for internal cluster communications as the IP it
communicates to TSM, which makes no sense. I'm going to have the
administrator add tclclientaddress to the dsm.opt file and see if this
doesn't help.

With quiet off we also see this server failing the past 2 nights on the
same file. Size of the file is 6.5GB, not in use during the backup, and
can be backed up manually just fine.

                     Node Name: SQL03
                      Platform: WinNT
               Client OS Level: 5.02
                Client Version: Version 5, Release 1, Level 5.4
                TCP/IP Address: 10.0.0.1
            Globally Unique ID:
5a.a3.14.01.d8.3a.11.d9.b9.f3.00.11.0a.53.3d.d4

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator