ADSM-L

Re: Failed 12

2006-11-09 11:38:23
Subject: Re: Failed 12
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:36:53 -0500
On Nov 9, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

11/07/2006 22:42:41  ANR0444W Protocol error on session 85395 for node
SQL03
                      (WinNT) - out-of-sequence verb (type Ping)

                      received.(SESSION: 85395)

Well, that's an interesting one, Geoff...I haven't seen that
combination before.  We don't know the client's TSM level: if it has
been working with your 5.3.3 server recently, then I should not think
the client too downlevel for reality, so something else is at play.
From what I understand, the TSM Ping is a rudimentary keep-alive
function: for something that simple to have a problem, I would
suspect networking problems of some kind, where neither the TSM
client nor server would have knowledge of what the problem was for
them to log an explanation.  I would review the Event Log on that
Windows box, and possibly other application logs thereon, to get a
sense of what's going on.  Might be a bad network card in the box,
loose connection, or the like.  (We don't see postings about wireless
connection backups, but if this is one, very much suspect that.)

   Richard Sims