ADSM-L

Changing Library Controller

2006-11-09 08:18:52
Subject: Changing Library Controller
From: Nicolas Muurmans <nicolas.muurmans AT VENTELO DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:18:02 +0100
I have two TSM servers using the same library.

And one of the servers is acting as a library controller.

I Want to set up a third TSM server, and I want the new server to act as
the library controller.

Is it possible to change the library controller to a different TSM
server without losing any data?

I have read the documentation for TSM, but I haven't seen anything about
changing the library controller.

Only docs about setting it ut from scratch.

One should think it to be possible, because it seems only have to change
the drive paths, and the library controller parameter on the library.

But I don't dare to try this witout any confirmation.

Best Regards

Nicolas Muurmans

Ventelo Norway.