ADSM-L

AW: TSM 5.3 - A part of Domain

2006-11-08 04:17:20
Subject: AW: TSM 5.3 - A part of Domain
From: Salak Juraj <J.Salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:12:41 +0100
AFAIK you can optionally use AD to help your TSM clients resolve name of TSM
Server.
As you ask the question below I must asume you do not use this feature,
so you have to take care about your OPT files - to point to correct TSM server
name or IP address.

Btw. I do NOT join TSM Server into AD,
because I believe it is more simple
if TSM server is as much stand-alone as possible
in case of disaster recovery of whole computing center.

best regards

Juraj