ADSM-L

Operational Reporting URL report option

2006-11-03 13:28:24
Subject: Operational Reporting URL report option
From: "RODOLFICH, NICHOLAS" <NICHOLAS.RODOLFICH AT SCPPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:27:17 -0600
        I trying to configure Operational Reporting to generate reports
that land in a particular directory which is the publish location for a
web server running on the Operational Reporting server. I have selected
the URL option for the report. When I check the "Create web page with
summary information" radio box under the "Summary Information" tab the
setup uses a "Web site virtual directory" location called
http://computer.domain/tsmreptweb by default. I think the is supposed to
be the directory c:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\Console\web but no files
land there. I tried to substitute the path to my Apache htdocs directory
but it doesn't seem to recognize it either. Is there a way to point the
"virtual" location to another directory?
        I have configured the report to generate a URL for the report.
It emails me the notification with the file name and everything like it
is supposed to but when I click on the embedded link I get "Page not
found" because the page is not being created. I search the entire drive
for the html file name sent in the email but it doesn't exist. I feel
like if I could figure out this virtual location thing it should work.
        I may be misunderstanding the functionality of the Operational
Reporting tool. If so, please let me know.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Nicholas