ADSM-L

Re: restore volume question

2006-11-02 07:47:29
Subject: Re: restore volume question
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:45:35 -0500
I am not sure if this is the same situation but in the past I have
performed
a  RESTORE VOL <badvolserial> PREVIEW=YES beforehand and
It listed the volume (s).

Regards

Tim

Lawrence Clark wrote:

depends if your storage pool is collocated or not.

NICHOLAS.RODOLFICH AT SCPPOOL DOT COM 11/01/06 2:54 PM >>>

I discovered a damaged volume and ended up restoring the volume using
the 'restore vol' command. The command reported that it marked the
volume being restored as destroyed but it did not tell me which volume
it would be restored to. The process didn't list it either. Does this
generate a new volume or does it just spread the data around on other
volumes.

Thank you for your assistance!!

Regards,

Nicholas

intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named

contain information that is confidential, privileged, and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If this electronic message is from an
attorney or someone in the Legal Department, it may also contain confidential
attorney-client communications which may be privileged and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the New York State
Thruway Authority immediately by either responding to this e-mail or calling
(518) 436-2700, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.