ADSM-L

Re: Sessions in Actlog

2006-10-30 14:31:25
Subject: Re: Sessions in Actlog
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:30:07 -0500
Aravind -

As I alluded, the essence of the sessions is recorded in the
dsmaccnt.log file, which everyone should have turned on, for
historical reporting.  I provide a sample reporting program in my Web
area for processing, if you have nothing else, which you can readily
modify to expose all the info you want.  Or, you can simply examine
its textual content.

Session numbers are not recorded in the accounting file, but whereas
the Producer's life encompasses that of its Consumer "children", the
association is rather apparent within the timespan for the client -
particularly for scheduled processes, in that client scheduling is
serial.  See the Admin Guide manual for the authoritative
documentation on the accounting log, and my dsmaccnt.log notes in
ADSM QuickFacts for accumulated notes on contents.

  Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs