ADSM-L

Re: Include/exclude list problem

2006-10-23 20:06:06
Subject: Re: Include/exclude list problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:05:10 -0400
On Oct 23, 2006, at 3:58 PM, RODOLFICH, NICHOLAS wrote:

Hello everyone,
        I am trying to develop a standard include/exclude list for our
Windows server admin. I have had much trouble with this little
project.
I am trying to backup 1 particular directory on a particular server
and
nothing else. I cannot get the syntax to function the way the
documentations says it is supposed to work nor can IBM provide a
working
set of syntax.
        First of all, when there are no include/exclude options in my
dsm.opt I get the following set of exclusions. Are these built-in or
what. The doc doesn't say anything about any built-in include/
excludes.

But it does...  See "Understanding which files are backed up" in your
Windows client manual, which describes the FilesNotToBackup Registry
key.  You can invoke 'dsmc Query SYSTEMInfo' for corroboration.  That
is why your 'dsmc Query Inclexcl' command output attributes the
excludes to "Operating System".  Correspondingly, Windows has a
KeysNotToRestore key.

   Richard Sims