ADSM-L

Latest TDP for Oracle

2006-10-17 11:10:32
Subject: Latest TDP for Oracle
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:08:59 -0400
Hi,
What is the latest TDP for Oracle version.
I looked on the internet at:
ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/tivoli-data-protection/oracle/aix/

and v2202 was the latest folder.

>From a CD several years old I installed the product and got 2.2.1.0

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     system       358400 Oct 17 09:48
tivoli.tsm.client.oracl
e.tools.32bit.2.2.1.0.I*

anything newer and where do I obtain it.

>>> guenther_bergmann AT GBERGMANN DOT DE 09/11/06 1:07 PM >>>
Hi *SMers,

i've come across some behaviour of the EXPIRE IVENTORY command which i
don't
understand.

We have a daily job that executes EXPIRE EIVENTORY. Results are shown
in the
Activity Log and read as follows:

09/02/06 07:49:48     ANR0812I Inventory file expiration process 301
completed:
examined 9604 objects, deleting 1929 backup objects, 0
archive objects, 0 DB backup volumes, and 0 recoveryplan files. 0
errors were
encountered.

09/04/06 05:15:35     ANR0812I Inventory file expiration process 313
completed:
examined 40052 objects, deleting 1162 backup
objects, 0 archive objects, 0 DB backup volumes, and 0 recovery
plan files. 0 errors were encountered.

Two things really upset me:
- The numbers of objects examined are significant different, but i am
sure the
database grows very slowly
- A rough estimate for the total number of objects gives a value
somewhere
between 200,000 and 300,000 objects.

Can someone shade a light on this?

Thanks in advance

regards Guenther

--
Guenther Bergmann, Am Kreuzacker 10, 63150 Heusenstamm, Germany
Guenther_Bergmann at gbergmann dot de

contain information that is confidential, privileged, and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If this electronic message is from an
attorney or someone in the Legal Department, it may also contain confidential
attorney-client communications which may be privileged and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the New York State
Thruway Authority immediately by either responding to this e-mail or calling
(518) 436-2700, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.