ADSM-L

Re: SV: Migrate from Netbackup to TSM

2006-10-17 09:45:23
Subject: Re: SV: Migrate from Netbackup to TSM
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:35:49 +0200
Hi

Is this migration utility supported by Tivoli in case of issues with the
migrated filespaces in the future?

As far as I know, there are only two ways of migrating data from another
software vendor to Tivoli TSM:

1. Restore the data to a temporary filesystem and back it up again

2. Restore the data to a temporary filesystem and archive it using TSM
archive functionality

Another option (when applicable) is to let the data reside in the old
backup system until TSM has had a chance to build up the same historic
data. This however requires that your new TSM implementation doesnt
require your old storage unit.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Utvecklingschef
Exist i Stockholm AB
Brovägen 9, 4 tr
182 76 STOCKSUND
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Christian Svensson <christian.svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
2006-10-17 14:44
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
SV: Migrate from Netbackup to TSM

Hi Erik,
I have a colleague that doing a Mig2TSM Software where it migrate data
from
Legato/Netbackup to ITSM File spaces.

Call Cristie Nordic on +46-8-718 4330 and talk to Daniel or Thomas. They
have more information

Thanks
Christian