ADSM-L

TSM Ask the Experts phone call series continued for October

2006-09-27 12:33:13
Subject: TSM Ask the Experts phone call series continued for October
From: Darrius Plantz <darriusplantz AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:32:05 -0700
  Mark your calendars!
  This session, scheduled for October 9, 2006 will be centered around our TSM
Support subject matter experts answering questions on the topic of:
  TSM Backup/Restore Archive/Retrieve Fundamentals.
  Join us for the second round in a monthly series of "Ask the Experts" calls
for Tivoli Storage Manager.  This will be a TSM user driven call where
customers or Business Partners may ask questions centered around the chosen
topic for that month.
  Three seasoned TSM support individuals will be responding to questions the
users submit live during this call.
  Marques Devoe, Keith Davey and Chris Wong from the TSM support teams will
serve as our host experts.
    Some topics already suggested to discuss for October:
  1.       How selective/incremental backups really work
  2.       Classic restore versus NQR
  3.       Scheduler config - to CAD or not to CAD
  4.       How to restore another TSM nodes data - various options
  5.       Image backups explained
  6.       Resourceutilization - What does it really mean from a backup/restore
perspective?
    Refer to the IBM Support Technical Exchange web site for particulars on
this and other TSM calls
  http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/supp_tech_exch.html