ADSM-L

Re: TSM with SAN 5.3

2006-09-22 07:36:55
Subject: Re: TSM with SAN 5.3
From: "Choudarapu, Ramakrishna (GTI)" <Ramakrishna_Choudarapu AT ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:35:47 -0400
This should help you:

www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246687.pdf

Regards,
Rama

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Murugan_Pachamallayan
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 4:55 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM with SAN 5.3

Hi ,

I was installed tsm storage agent to all the machines, expect tsm
server. I have 3584 Library with 8 drives.

I have define the following policy domain with multiple client nodes,

 1.         tapepooldb2prdnonline

2.         tapepooldb2devonline

3.         tapepoolprdndailyincr

4.         tapepooldevdailyincr

5.         tapepoolprdnweekfull

How can I separate the drives in library.

example: 1.   tapepooldb2prdnonline to drive 1

   2.      tapepooldb2devonline  to drive 2

Or

            1. tapepooldb2prdnonline to drive 1

2. tapepooldb2devonline  to drive 1

3. tapepoolprdndailyincr to drive 1

or how to allocate the drives to all the machines.

Really I didn't understand how to set up this environment. We don't have
disk storage, we only have tape library with 8 drives.

Please advice how to I further proceed.

Note: Can u recommend any guide for tsm with san

Regards

Murugan

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL
AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in
this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies;
your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/