ADSM-L

Re: TSM LPAR + virtual I/O server : is it possible ?

2006-09-21 12:40:16
Subject: Re: TSM LPAR + virtual I/O server : is it possible ?
From: Andrew Carlson <naclos AT SWBELL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:38:45 -0700
Is your interest in sharing the FC adapter so you can share disks?  The problem
is, I do not believe that a tape library and tape drives are sharable in this
fashion.  If you want to share disk, use separate FC adapter for this, shared
out through the virtual scsi of the vio server.  Use another FC adapter
assigned directly to the LPAR for the tape attach.  If each LPAR needs tape,
then I am  not sure what to do other than installing an FC adapter for each
LPAR.

Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,
The feeling of seeing the red box with the item you want in it:Priceless.