ADSM-L

More Intel Mac Grief

2006-09-20 20:02:49
Subject: More Intel Mac Grief
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:00:55 -0500
Is there any way I can detect Intel Mac clients via Q NODE? I'm now
getting lambasted for running a crummy service by somebody who
"upgraded" to an Intel mac a couple months ago, and now they can't
restore a failed hard drive. I want to be able to detect them, and
disable them until we can support them. We can't pretend to back up
something that we can't restore.

BTW: We need that supported Intel Mac client, DESPERATELY! And we're
getting nothing but a runaround trying to join the (top secret!) beta
test program for 5.4. Probably because we acquired TSM via an ISV, so
nobody wants to step up and claim us, despite the fact that we're
paying.

The Intel Mac supported client should really be released immediately as
a part of 5.3, without waiting for the rest of 5.4. There's already far
too many of them out there, and the Mac community is saying, "TSM has
dropped support for Macs."

               Academic Computing & Communications Center