ADSM-L

Re: offtopic: AIX FTP/TELNET question

2006-09-19 08:58:32
Subject: Re: offtopic: AIX FTP/TELNET question
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:55:17 -0400
This sounds like a dns reverse-lookup issue. AIX ftp and telnet, as far
as I can tell, default to doing a reverse lookup on your IP address to
get the host name and then a normal lookup to see if the original IP
address is returned.

I've run into this when the reverse lookup data isn't maintained
properly.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc