ADSM-L

Re: migrate 32bit database -> 64bit TSM server?

2006-09-18 11:34:16
Subject: Re: migrate 32bit database -> 64bit TSM server?
From: Victoria Ortepio <victoria.ortepio AT VERIZONBUSINESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:32:48 -0400
Hi Paul,

No, it cannot be done.  We've proved it here by taking a TSM data snapshot

and attempting to restore it a newly built TSM server on LINUX.  This is

the result.  Unfortunately, the EXPORT / IMPORT option is your only

alternative.  You may selectively choose what to export out to cut down

the conversion time.

Tivoli Storage Manager for Linux/i386

Version 5, Release 2, Level 7.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2003. All rights reserved.

U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure

restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 01:59:13 on Dec  8 2005.

ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 6806.

ANR0900I Processing options file /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.opt.

ANR8200I TCP/IP driver ready for connection with clients on port 1500.

ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 5696 megabytes.

ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 15888 megabytes.

ANR4621I Database backup device class TSM-DATABASE.

ANR4622I   Volume 1: /TSM03S/40709557.dbs.

ANR4632I Starting point-in-time database restore (no commit).

ANR8340I FILE volume /TSM03S/40709557.dbs mounted.

ANR1368W Input volume /TSM03S/40709557.dbs contains sequence number
16777216;

volume sequence number 1 is required.

[root@asr0100570 bin]#

Please refer to this website for info: