ADSM-L

How to determine primary pool volumes required for a copy pool volume?

2006-09-15 14:37:21
Subject: How to determine primary pool volumes required for a copy pool volume?
From: Gerald <gwichman AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:35:54 -0700
The scenario is I have a copy pool tape that was accidently damaged. I
would like to know which primary pool tapes I would need to recreate
this copypool tape. The first obvious way is to run a backup stgpool
preview=yes command however that will ALSO show other volumes out of
sync and doesn't really give me the mapping directly to the 1 volume.

Is there a select query I can run where the input is the copypool
volume and it returns the primary pool volumes? I am pretty sure I
used to have this query and can't located it now that I need it.

Appreciate the help!