ADSM-L

Re: SAP Database Stop/Start Script

2006-09-15 07:37:20
Subject: Re: SAP Database Stop/Start Script
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:35:47 -0400
Without details from the failure, we can't do much to advise: "fails
to execute" provides us with no information.  Delve into your
dsmerror.log to look for any possible info there.  Also, whereas you
are using nohup, you should have a nohup.out file to examine.
Lastly, don't throw away potential information by redirecting command
output to /dev/null: when running a Unix command in the background,
get into the habit of redirecting Stdin and Stdout and Stderr, with
Stdout and Stderr going to a file so that you have diagnostics to
look at when there is a problem.

   Richard Sims