ADSM-L

Re: MAXNUMMP

2006-09-14 16:32:15
Subject: Re: MAXNUMMP
From: Anker Lerret <ADSM-L AT LERRET DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:29:48 -0400
> Is it possible that there are two or more sessions running for the TDP
client simultaneously?

Yes, absolutely.  The Oracle DBAs have observed that this happens most
frequently when there's media wait, in which case multiple log backups
could be running simultaneously.

How do others handle this?  Does it make sense to set MAXNUMMP to the
number of drives...or even higher?  I remember being very unhappy when I
set the value of MAXNUMMP to the number of drives, but I can't remember
what happened.  Maybe I was running into some other problem.

Thanks again for all the ideas,
anker