ADSM-L

Re: Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Selectives

2006-09-14 00:43:02
Subject: Re: Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Selectives
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:25:49 +1000
Can you explain what you mean by:

"Also, as others have mentioned before, there's no need to make these
 monthly/yearly backups a selective(full).  You can just make a 12
 version & 5 version management policy for the monthly & yearly backups,
 respectively.  All the backups can be incremental this way, and you
save
 bookoo tapes & DB entries (not to mention faster backups)."

As I have a similar issue.

Thanks
Paul Dudley

If
> you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
> prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
> error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
> documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may
have
> created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank
you.

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.