ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad on linux system

2006-09-08 10:50:58
Subject: Re: dsmcad on linux system
From: Rainer Schöpf <rainer.schoepf AT PROTEOSYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:46:13 +0200
On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, James Marcinek wrote:

 > The lsof sure did help. I found that the port the client was listening
 > on was:  1837 instead of 1581? What could cause this, the other port
 > not coming up? More importantly how does one correct this sort of
 > thing. How do I correctly stop and start the dsmcad? Should I just kill
 > it and restart?

Try restarting your browser before you restart dsmcad.

I found that the java applet doesn't always close the connection to
dsmcad, even if you close the browser window. Hence dsmcad cannot reuse
port 1581 and chooses another one (randomly?)

Try "netstat -n | grep 1581" to see the state of these stale connections.

 Rainer