ADSM-L

Compression of raw backup data onto tape

2006-09-07 08:12:03
Subject: Compression of raw backup data onto tape
From: Jon Evans <Jon.Evans AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:11:26 +0100
Hi TSMers!

TSM 5.1.6.3 Windows Platform:

Does TSM track the total size of backups (raw data), and total size of
the backup images on tape media?  If so, how can I obtain this
information?

I am trying to obtain this information so that it will give me a
compression value of data transferred to tape (if any)

I am using hardware compression on the tape drive (LTO1) with the device
class format set to ULTRIUMC

Thanks

Jon Evans

KBR

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review,
use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of this message.