ADSM-L

Re: isFileNameValid

2006-09-05 14:30:28
Subject: Re: isFileNameValid
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:12:51 -0700
I agree it seems to be a network issue. Typically when I know I haven't done
anything from the client/server end I typically go there first.
Unfortunately sometimes I get the standard response "nothing has changed".

As for the dsmwebcl.log nothing odd there. Since these are my nodes it could
have only been me with web gui access and I was not. The NIC settings have
not changed on my end, and the network folks say they are fine at the port.
(I usually stomp all over this first but with the logs showing all of these
weird errors I wasn't as concerned there but I still checked.)

Nothing in the server log at all as it relates to the node showing any
communications during the questionable times. All I see are some of these,
none of which fall into that time range:
09/01/06 19:48:12   ANR2571W Scheduled session from node CP-ITS-RMEXAPD1
(WinNT) has been denied, scheduled sessions are not currently available.
(SESSION: 781)
Plus the standard communication every couple of hours to check the next
scheduled backup time.

I was told someone turned on "tcp sequence number checking RFC compliance
check" (maybe not the exact wording but close) to fix some other issue at
the network level. According to them it was affecting ftp and some other
things so they wanted to know what the application layer itself was using.
They just turned it off this morning so I'll watch backups tonight and see
if things calm down and speed up.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator