ADSM-L

Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant

2006-09-01 10:05:48
Subject: Re: Making TSM twin-center compliant
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:04:55 -0400
>> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:17:17 +0200, "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon
>> AT KLM DOT COM> said:

> The only thing I could think of is creating a standby library which
> can be connected in case of a disaster to host the new primary pool
> and start all over with backing up. A waste of money because it will
> probably (and hopefully) never be used..

If you intend to be able to continue normal operations at your
recovery site, you will need sufficient capacity to run all your
primary work, and your copies too.  This means your recovery library
will need -more- space and drives than your primary library.  Maybe
twice the amount, probably somewhat more in slots, maybe somewhat less
in drives depending on how busy your drives are in normal life.

- Allen S. Rout