ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database Reorg

2006-08-31 10:53:15
Subject: Re: TSM Database Reorg
From: Jonathan Siegle <jsiegle AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:52:53 -0400
John Bremer said the following on 8/31/06 10:35 AM:
        [TSM database reorganization]
> recommended.  Problem is there is another dba up there, who has some
TSM
> experience, who says she used to do it painlessly.  Anyone want to
weigh
> in?

Been running TSM (ADSM) more than 10 years, more than 20 TSM servers,
DB sizes from 6 GB to 250 GB and have yet to "reorg" ( ... shudder)
one of them.

John

Did a restore/upgradedb/unload/load onto a new AIX box while going from
TSM 5.1 -> 5.3 . The size of the database before was 460 GB(95% used). I
trimmed 131 GB off my db by doing the unload/load. Now this procedure
was never done before on this db and it has been running since 1990 from
what I understand.

-Jonathan Siegle