ADSM-L

Offsite pools with fewer versions

2006-08-29 12:21:09
Subject: Offsite pools with fewer versions
From: Patrick Plagman <patrick.plagman AT GORDMANS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:05:21 -0500
Hello,

We are running TSM 5.2.3 on z/OS using SAN disk and IBM 3590 carts for
storage.  We are backing up Windows 2000 and 2003 servers.

I have been requested to increase the number of versions of backup files
in the storage pools.  This will increase the size of my storage pools
and of our offsite pools (data) which is a problem.

Is there a way to have a storage pool with 20 versions of files and
create an offsite pool with only the 3 most current versions of all
files?

The only way I have thought of so far is that I will need two node IDs
per server and have a different policy going to different storage pools.
Is this the only way?

Thank you

Patrick Plagman