ADSM-L

Re: HELP: TSM has recycled itself...

2006-08-29 10:18:21
Subject: Re: HELP: TSM has recycled itself...
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:16:08 -0400
Hi Richard,

I did have an issue approximately 6 months ago with data integrity, but
IBM said that all was well.  Maybe they were incorrect and the database
does have corruption.  In order to do a dump/loadformat/load/audit on my
database I would think this would take a tremendous amount of down time.
The database is currently 155 GB.  I guess what I'm wondering is when I
migrate to TSM 5.3.3, will this dump/loadformat/load/audit process be run?
 And if so, I'm wondering if it would be ok to wait until I upgrade in
order to audit the TSM database?  I'm just trying to have the least amount
of down time in the environment, but I also want to protect and backup the
data efficiently.

Any thoughts on this matter is appreciated!  Thanks!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Senior Systems Programmer
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

"Richard Sims" <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
08/29/2006 07:36 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject

On Aug 29, 2006, at 7:26 AM, Joni Moyer wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a TSM server on AIX 5.3 at 5.2.7.1.  This morning it recycled
> itself.
> Does anybody have any suggestions/ideas on what caused the software to
> recycle?  Or where can I look to find out?

dsmserv.err, in your server directory.

Try to determine what was going on in your server at the time
(processes, sessions) from the Activity Log, for clues as to
circumstantial cause, which may allow you to avoid it.  As always,
examine your AIX Error Log for any related disk or hardware problems.

You might have a db integrity problem, as noted in similar-
circumstances APAR IC41363.

    Richard Sims