ADSM-L

Intel Mac Client

2006-08-24 16:50:39
Subject: Intel Mac Client
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:48:23 -0500
Any updated information about a version of TSM Client that works
properly on Intel processor Mac computers? We are now having quite a
large number of them show up here, and their owners are getting uppity,
even more so than the usual Mac folks.

We already know that 5.2.5 kind of works, and we are using that as well
as we can. It times out and hangs on large backups, the scheduler does
not work, and furthermore ACLs are not supported in 5.2.

I have heard that 5.4 will support Intel Macs. We're getting extremely
anxious to have it.

               Academic Computing & Communications Center