ADSM-L

Re: Batch script in Windows to create filelist

2006-08-21 18:36:53
Subject: Re: Batch script in Windows to create filelist
From: Kurt Buff <KBuff AT ZETRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:48:23 -0700

This will get you most of the way there, though something in vbscript might
be better.

Also, check the delimiters in the 'for' statement - I assume that you're
using yyyy-mm-dd for the regional seetings for your date format - it may not
be compatible with the input needed for the xcopy command.

-----Begin Batch File-----
@echo off

for /F "tokens=1-4 delims=- " %%i in ('date /t') do (
        set DayOfWeek=%%i
        set Year=%%j
        set Month=%%k
        set Day=%%l
        set Date=%%i %%j-%%k-%%l
)

cd %%mydirectory%%

xcopy *.* /l /e /d:%%k-%%l-%%j > c:\output.txt
-----End Batch File-----