ADSM-L

Re: poor performance

2006-08-21 11:44:27
Subject: Re: poor performance
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:43:26 -0700
>4 full D40s, JBOD, for the database?  Ouchie. There's my leading

>candidate for performance problems.

>I suggest one VG with a bunch of non-raided disks in it, raw LVs one

>or two to a spindle, with mirrors on separate spindles, for DB and

>log.

To be more clear. The 4 D40's are a mixture of database, logs and disk
pools. One VG for database, one for mirrored database and one for data
storage pools.  Four full D40's just for a database would be quite
unnecessary. No raid anywhere, all raw disk consisting of one LV per disk no
matter if it is database, log or disk pool related.  Mirrors are absolutely
on separate spindles which are also on separate D40's.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com