Re: upgrading TDP for SAP R/3
First, I think you should use latest version 5.3.2, with that you have to
upgrade bu/archive client and API too.
This is how I do these upgrades:
1. Uninstall TDP for mySAP.com
2. Uninstall bu/archive client and API
3. Install bu/archive client and API newer versions
4. "Remove" java's from /opt (like: mv /opt/java1.2 /opt/nojava1.2 and so on)
5. Install TDP for mySAP.com
6. "Reinstall" java's (like: mv /opt/nojava1.2 /opt/java1.2 and so on)
7. Check from your /etc/inittab is all entries correctly (remember that in
HP-UX inittab you can use only 4 digits)
8. Testing with brarchive and filesystem client
About the AdminAssist: someone else may have better output than I :-)
We are using it and we are monitoring TDP for mySAP.com backups with it, and of
course performance. I haven't had time to look at it very closely.
I hope that this short "installation manual" helps even a bit.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]
> On Behalf Of Bernaldo de Quiros, Iban 1
> Sent: 9. elokuuta 2006 14:11
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: [ADSM-L] upgrading TDP for SAP R/3
> hi all,
> I am thinking of upgrading and old TDP for SAP from 18.104.22.168
> to version 3.3.2 in a HP-UX machine.
> Could someone explain me the procedure to install the TDP ¿?
> It is my first installation of a TDP... ;-((
> Could someone explain me also what is the administration assistant ¿?
> Thank You !!
> Ibán Bernaldo de Quirós Márquez
> Technical Specialist
> cell: + 34 659 01 91 12
> Sun Microsystems Iberia