ADSM-L

DISASTER Recovery, Device Config and 3584 SCSI LIBRARY

2006-08-07 12:21:56
Subject: DISASTER Recovery, Device Config and 3584 SCSI LIBRARY
From: Laura Mastandrea <lmastand AT CHOOSEBROADSPIRE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:20:19 -0500
I'm preparing for our annual DR test and this will be the first time
recovering  with a 3584 library with LTO3 drives.  In the past we had STK
Powderhorn and ACSLS.   We will have identical equipment at our disaster
site.  When we arrive all the tapes will be pre-loaded into the tape
library by the dr site staff.
Within the devconfig file there are libraryinventory  scsi ltolib
statements.  Do I delete all of these and just leave one that represents my
database backup tape?
I plan on issuing the following command:  dsmserv restore db dev=3584lto
vol=xxxxxx commit=yes.  Will this work in conjunction with the devconfig
statement?

Do I need to know and update the devconfig file with every element number
for every tape?  I will have about 150 tapes? How does TSM know where all
the other tapes are in the library?

Thank you,

Laura

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is intended
only for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information
contained in or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy the original communication and its attachments without reading,
printing or saving in any manner. This communication does not form any
contractual obligation on behalf of the sender or, the sender's employer, or
the employer's parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries.