ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MS-SQL retention

2006-08-01 13:46:03
Subject: Re: TDP for MS-SQL retention
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:41:24 -0400
Zoltan,

What is the RETEXTRA setting?

You should have something like this:
   VEREXISTS NOLIMIT
   RETEXTRA 30
   RETONLY 30

This will keep all inactive backups for 30 days.

Also.. if the management class is not the default,
make sure you have coded the INCLUDE statements
correctly in the DSM.OPT for DP for SQL.
For example:

   INCLUDE "\...\meta\...\*"     SqlDbMetaMgmtClass_diskonly_30DAYS
   INCLUDE "\...\data\...\*"     SqlDbDataMgmtClass_disktape_30DAYS

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/01/2006
01:20:04 PM: