ADSM-L

Re: Configuring new 3592-E05 drives

2006-07-31 13:53:50
Subject: Re: Configuring new 3592-E05 drives
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:44:57 -0400
Yep. Used tapeutil to get their serial # and such.

"Barnes, Kenny" <Kenny.Barnes AT GMACINSURANCE DOT COM>
07/31/2006 01:41 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Configuring new 3592-E05 drives

Can you talk to the drives using the IBMtape utilities from the OS? i.e.
You should be open the drive as a device and read the SN of the drive.