ADSM-L

Re: Fw: Restore in DR site is very slow

2006-07-28 14:34:43
Subject: Re: Fw: Restore in DR site is very slow
From: William <weiduo.deng AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:33:56 -0400
Thanks for your reply Nick. That's the good point. I am wondering, I did not
change anything, why the first time, it used 4 drives but the second time
only used 2 drives.

On 7/28/06, Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com> wrote:

Increase the number of processes used for the offsite copy.  With only 2
processes, you have 2 target tapes, so the data may only be on 2 tapes in
the copypool.  If you use more processes, you're more likely to have the
data spread across more tapes.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 07/28/2006 08:31 AM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/28/2006
07:54:05 AM: