ADSM-L

Backup DB2 with TSM

2006-07-28 11:37:31
Subject: Backup DB2 with TSM
From: zareyna <zareyna AT ADR-MALAYSIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:33:53 +0800
Hi,

I have 2 servers connected to a DB2 server using a service IP (floating IP
/virtual IP) where only one server will actively connect to the DB at one
time.(When A down the Service IP will point to B, and B connect to DB.. Vice
versa).These servers have their own IP.

Currently I'm kind of confuses how to set the IP in the dsm.sys in the
client and api folder and devconfig.out. I need to use the service
IP/floating IP not the server IP itself.

If I were to use the service IP for both servers then it would be
conflicted.

Any way, how I can set the IP using services IP so that these servers can
run under the same schedule for filesystems backup?

Thanks,

Regards,

Zareyna Salim

Technical Consultant