ADSM-L

Re: CAN RESTORE ACTIVITY BE TRACED?

2006-07-28 06:56:34
Subject: Re: CAN RESTORE ACTIVITY BE TRACED?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 06:55:08 -0400
Laura - Use the TSM Problem Determination Guide, which has been cited
        in numerous postings.

   Richard Sims

On Jul 27, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Laura Mastandrea wrote:

Running TSM 5.2.4 on AIX 5.3 and restoring a Windows 2000 Advanced
server
client.  The filespace is on tape in a non-colocated storage pool.
The
tape library is a 3584 with LTO3 drives.  It takes about 3 hours to
restore
7 GB of compressed data.

I can monitor by doing q se f=d, but for three hours I can't do
this.   The
server at the time was not busy with other tape activity that I
could see.

Is there a trace I can run on this a restore to see what is taking
so long?
Is there a SQL Select that would give me where the time was spent
for this
restore or is my only source the activity log?

Thank you for your assistance.

Laura Mastandrea

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments,
is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the
distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached
to this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy the original communication and its attachments without
reading, printing or saving in any manner. This communication does
not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the sender or, the
sender's employer, or the employer's parent company, affiliates or
subsidiaries.