ADSM-L

Re: CAN RESTORE ACTIVITY BE TRACED?

2006-07-27 21:17:07
Subject: Re: CAN RESTORE ACTIVITY BE TRACED?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:16:25 -0400
>> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:06:37 -0500, Laura Mastandrea <lmastand AT
>> CHOOSEBROADSPIRE DOT COM> said:

> Thank you, I need clarification on what you mean by badly fragmented
> data on tape.  We are restoring full drives, so do you mean that a
> file is on one tape and the next file is on another?  Does
> reclamation try to any kind of node consolidation?

Reclamation does not have anything to do with node consolidation.  If
your data is in a storagepool which is not "collocated", you're going
to have every machine's data, to a good approximation, spread across
every tape.

If this is a question in your mind, you should probably read the
concepts guide which has been frequently referred to on this list
recently.

How many tapes were mounted to satisfy your restore?

> I'm going to try the move nodedata.

Count tape mounts for that process, that'll help you determine what's
going on.

- Allen S. Rout